Heiner Lieth, a plant science expert and professor at the University of California in Davis, California, will be among the industry luminaries keynoting at the 2018 International Indoor Plant Factory Symposium mid-June in Shanghai.
Lieth, whose expertise is focused on the plant science of production of greenhouse and nursery crops, will deliver remarks on, "Research Needs in Indoor Vertical Plant Production."
The symposium is co-sponsored by AEssenseGrows and the Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences (SAAS). It runs June 12-15 at the Blue Palace Hotel in Jiading, Shanghai.
The event brings together some of the world’s leading experts in commercial indoor cultivation for an exchange of ideas and information about the latest innovations, technologies and research in the field. For more information about the symposium or to register, visit www.plantfactorysymposium.com.
Lieth's position in UC Davis' Environmental Horticulture Department has him directly interacting with farmers and advisors on issues faced by greenhouse and nursery growers, while at the same time conducting research and teaching. He recently has been involved in researching lighting technology, indoor plant production, and photovoltaic energy production as an integral part of agricultural plant production. Much of his work is specifically targeted to helping growers achieve the highest levels of production and efficiency.
Other symposium presenters include:
- "The Present & Future of the Plant Factory with Artificial Lighting," by Toyoki Kozai, president of the Agricultural Academy of Japan, Japan
- “Tomorrow’s city will be self-sustaining,” by Dr. Dickson Despommier, emeritus professor, Columbia University, United States
- “The transforming power of vertical farming—global trends and local impacts,” by Christine Zimmermann-Loessl, chairwoman of the Association for Vertical Farming, Germany
- “A total solution and innovation for smart plant factory with artificial lighting,” by Dr. Huafang Zhou, vice president of AEssenseGrows, United States
- “Grow light recipes and study of artificial lighting for plants,” by Professor Shaohua Li, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China